Wednesday, October 7, 2009
If you want to take part in this fun meme, hop over to 2nd Cup of Coffee and sign up. All you have to do is answer twelve random questions each week.
1. On an average, how often do you splurge and buy something for yourself?
I go through phases, I sometimes go months without buying anything and then I go a little crazy ;) Most things that I buy 'for myself' are actually items for home. My two indulgences are shoes and purses and " I'll never tell.........." (how many of those I have!)
2. Are you more like Hall or Oates? Just kidding. Real question: What is the last creative project you began/finished? Feel free to post a pic of it.
Great timing, I just finished making these fun little snowballs for Christmas. I just have to line them with something and they will be ready to hold a little gift.
3. OK, Goldie Locks, do you consider your house too big, too little or juuuust right?
Too small, I live in a small condo and I miss having an outdoor space of my own and a couple of extra rooms. I sometimes day dream about having a vast mansion with his and her dressing rooms, a craft room and a library but then I would want staff to clean it all for me! Meanwhile, back on planet earth...............................
4. What is your favorite outdoor chore?
Sore spot! See question three. If I had 'an outdoors' to do chores in it would be pretty much anything involved with tending to plants, my condo is full of plants but it isn't quite the same as being out in the garden working on them.
5. If you knew that cigarette smoking was not bad for your health but would be a weight loss tool, would you use it? Why or why not?
OK don't get mad but I have never had to worry about weight loss, I am one of those annoying people who has always been able to eat what I like. I thank my Dad for his good genes (his favorite saying is 'you can't put weight on a thoroughbred!' ) I am not sure if I would go that far but I certainly don't need to resort to smelling like an ash tray to be slim!
6. On a road trip, would you rather drive or ride?
I like doing a bit of both. Being the passenger can get a bit dull sometimes but on the other hand it is nice to have a break from driving too.
7. What do you consider a trivial pursuit?
Hmmmmmm not sure really, train spotting maybe?
8. This weekend, we downloaded the movie "Duplicity" with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Within 5 minutes, I was bored and annoyed, but I kept watching 5-10 minutes at a time hoping it would get better between small chores. I finally gave up and Jorge watched it alone, and then regretted wasting that time because he disliked it intensely, too. So ... how long do you watch a movie or read a book before giving up on it?
I usually give a movie about thirty minutes, if it hasn't captured my attention by then I usually go and do something else. My husband however will watch anything and everything so I have to leave the room in order not to see something.
Books I usually just plough through and then when I have finished it I realise it was rubbish!
9. Is there a song that you really love but are embarrassed to admit because it's not cool or it's racy or because it's by Hall and Oates?
I am sure there must be several but I am having a block right now. Oh yes I just thought of one - Hot in Here by Nelly! Goofy but it gets me every time :)
10. On a scale of 1-10 (10 = extremely) how spontaneous are you?
If I am tired and grumpy -10 but if I am feeling OK then 10.
11. Are you a food and/or beverage snob?
No, I'll eat mac and cheese or caviar with equal gusto :)
12. Who/What are you trying to control in your life?
I am trying to control my desire to live somewhere warmer and sunny!
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (32)
- ▼ October (8)