Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday at Last

What was with this week? It just seemed to go on and on and on! On Tuesday I thought it was Wednesday, on Wednesday I thought it was Thursday and by Thursday I was done. It is not as if it was a particularly stressful week, well no more than usual anyway. It just felt like it would never end. So by the end of the work day today I felt in need of a little 'me time'. I meandered slowly through the park on my way home, making the most of the soft, evening sunlight


and enjoyed the soothing colours of the remaining Autumn foliage


When I got home I raided my stash of English chocolate (sorry but American chocolate just doesn't cut it!)


And then a total 'veg - out' in front of the TV while the mighty Blackhawks kept me entertained.


And my final reward for surviving the week? - a 'wee dram' of the wonderous Laphroaig. Cheers! Here's to the weekend :)

2 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh yes...I've had weeks like that. Confusing and tiresome to say the least.
The bike ride sounds sublime and that second photo is lovely.
Cadbury does make some luscious chocolate, I agree.
And your lovely libation looks like it would wrap the tongue like silk and go down smooth. Mmm!
Great way to forget all about a crazy week.

~Lisa

Kathie Brown said...

Celeste, so sorry for the stressful week. Love the evening walk. Am laughing at the names of your chocolate bars. Curly Wurly? Really? But I would probably agree with you on the chocolate quality. I no longer eat it much but I do like Lindt and Dove when I do indulge. what do you suppose the difference is?