Tuesday, September 29, 2009

RANDOM DOZEN


I am trying a new meme this week hosted by Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee. A simple concept, twelve random questions each week, answer as best you can. I don't know where she comes up with the ideas for her questions but they are pretty good so here goes.

1. Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movie.

At home, snuggled up on the sofa with my Hubby and a box of decadent dark chocolates :)

2. Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be?
Yes. I would like it to be in a breathtakingly beautiful corner of the world called Baca Baca Lagoon in the Eastern Province of Zambia and I would want it to be a celebration of life, family and friends with lots of good food and wine.

3. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
Ouch! Tough one for an only child - I feel that the world is full of takers so I do try and make a conscious effort to be a giver. I suppose you would have to ask those around me if I succeed. One proviso though - I will try to give but I won't be taken for granted.

4. Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or play it by ear?
Play it by ear definitely. Work is planned and scheduled so that is the last thing I want on vacation.

5. What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly?
Our stove! My husband loves to cook and he is very good at it but when he is done the stove looks pretty tough. Did I mention that I hate cleaning the stove :)

6. Name a cause that means a lot to you.
I don't really have a specific cause that I am passionate about but I do care about most conservation and restoration projects that go on around the world. As a species we are so destructive to everything around us I think we definitely need to work hard to redress the balance.

7. Do you eat a regular old peanut butter jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly?
Uggg! As a Brit I just don't get the PBJ even the idea revolts me! Not going to happen!

8. If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous?
I would either be chewing the inside of my cheek or my fingers! Guess I must find myself pretty tasty!

9. Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of toothbrushing and jammies?
No routine, just a delighted headlong dive under the duvet. Bedtime is one of my favorite times of the day.

10. Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog?
Not yet but hey there is a first time for everything.

11. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree?
Nope! I think they must have broken the mold after they made me :)

12. If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated?
I Try by Macy Gray, for my husband. It was the first song I ever sent to him and it still brings tears to my eyes.

5 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Decadent dark chocolates - yum!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

So nice to meet you! I think being a Brit afforded you some really interesting answers. My daughter is an Anglophile. She visited two years ago in college. Loved it.

You win the award for best answer to #2.

I hope you will participate next week. Until then, have a great weekend.

Greg C said...

I make a mess when I cook too and my wife tells me all about it. :) You should try PB&B, it is awesome. I one listened to that song you mentioned while my wife was in the car and now she thinks I love it and always turns it up when it comes on.

Rambling Woods said...

Oh..I lost my long comment... I said you had as much appreciation of peanut butter and jelly as my sister and I had of the high tea we went to while we were in England. It was about 1966 and I was 11. We were so excited to see all the sweets that we saw piled up..but we had to eat one tiny sandwhich first and they were bitter as I remember.. Such a vivid memory...

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Love Macy Gray! And I agree PBJ's are nasty. lol!

Fun little Random Dozen meme. Thanks for sharing :)

~Lisa