Saturday, December 27, 2008

CHANGING OF THE GUARD

Santa has been very generous this year.
I collect miniature Steiff animals (probably another effect of not being allowed to have pets in our building!) This Christmas I had three new ones to add to my collection. The two on the left are vintage and the one on the right is a new addition to my Christmas bears collection.


My mother-in-law has an amazing ability to find the coolest animal earrings ever. (I wear them to work and am known for them). This year she excelled herself, I opened these delightful penguin earrings first, and was thrilled.


But there was more to come! These bat earrings are the best yet (I love bats by the way)


In case you think that everything I have is animal themed (you wouldn't be too far from the truth!) I did have some other lovely things too, one of which was this fabulous purse.


And why, you may be asking, am I talking about my Christmas presents? Well I'm getting there! Santa's big gift this year has a direct bearing on my blog.........


An all singing, all dancing, fancy schmancy new digital camera! I am very excited and a little daunted, as I am hopeless when it comes to technology but I am determined to get to grips with my new camera. Hopefully it will also improve the quality of my pictures for my posts!

Photo Credits - CJT (with old camera!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh..nice gifts..I love the little Steiff animals. I only have one Steiff teddy bear in my collection as they are so expensive. Love the earrings too. And a new camera. I can't wait to see all the photos. I'm glad that you had a good holiday Celeste...Michelle

Celeste said...

Michelle - The Steiffs are a bit pricey, I usually find them on ebay and now I have got my husband looking out for them too :) I am a little daunted by the camera, it is so tiny but it does so many things! Hopefully I won't take too long to work it out!

gtyyup said...

You're photos are already beautiful!! Look forward to seeing more with your new camera...love the earrings too!

Thanks for stoppin' by my lil' blog and following too..nice to meet you!

Celeste said...

Gtyyup - Thanks for dropping by!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wow! That's some camera. It's alot like mine. I really love the Powershots. My previous camera, the one that was stolen was a PowerShot. Canon does a terrific job at making them 'idiot-proof' lol!
It's much for fun just playing with the camera and experimenting with angles and zoom then fiddling with lots of buttons, isn't it?

Those ears are lovely. I adore penguins. The bat ones are very cool, too.
And the purse is adorable. Can you fit everything inside?

Well, all that's important is making sure the camera fits, right? hehe

Belated
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you,
~Lisa
New Mexico

Celeste said...

Lisa - The thing with me and purses is, the bigger purse I carry, the more superfluous stuff I carry around! So over the years I have disciplined myself to only carry small purses!
Enjoy your new camera :)

Judy said...

Oh! Oh! Oh! I really love those earrings!! i also have a huge collection, and people do watch my ears to see what I am wearing on any given day!

Celeste said...

Judy - that is usually what happens with me too :)