Monday, December 29, 2008

NEW TOY.

OK I admit it, I am a big kid at heart, and in true kid style if I get a new toy I want to play with it right away! Today was a beautiful, crisp, sunny day so I took a couple of minutes out of my work day to go outside and start getting to grips with my new camera. I must say I think it is going to be pretty good. There is not much green around at this time of year so I had a go with a few seed heads.


And then I tried some tiny specks of lichen on a tree trunk.


Nothing was off limits, not even tree stumps! (I know, It's goofy!)


Inevitably a squirrel came to check me out and see what I was doing.......


This Milkweed pod caught my eye.


It seems my new camera may indeed be idiot proof! Trust me, it will need to be :)


Photo Credits - CJT

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Celeste..You got some great macro photos in and the colors and clarity are great..Nothing like a new toy to play with..LOL..

gtyyup said...

Wow...so sharp and crisp!! Beautiful. Are you setting the aperture, shutter speed and all that stuff or just putting it on auto?

I think I want a camera like yours!!

Lucky girl!

Kathie Brown said...

Well, I can see you like the patterns of nature. You captured beauty in the plain browns of winter and the pale blue sky.

Celeste said...

Michelle - Thanks. I am a sucker for new toys! Must come from being an only child!!!

Gtyyup - No I am not doing anything except switching between landscape, macro and a couple of other settings - I am an idiot when it comes to photography!! :)

Kathie - I love the patterns of nature, there is always something new to see if we only take the time to look. That is one of the reasons that I enjoy your blog so much because you are very aware of your environment :) Happy New Year.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Beautiful nature photos all. You've got a good eye for what looks pleasing to the eye.
Congrats on the new toy . lol!

~Lisa
New Mexico

Celeste said...

Well I posted about my new camera and then read your post about your miserable Christmas, I felt really bad. I was so happy to read later that you had finally got a new camera too :)

Judy said...

It is not goofy! That is the sort of thing I want to learn to do, so I am seriously envious that you are a step ahead of me. I especially like the milkweed! The texture and irridescence of the fluff is beyond compare!
Thanks for sharing!

Celeste said...

Thanks Judy :) I am not very skilled with a camera but occasionaly I get it right - usually by pure chance!