Most opinion seems to be that 2008 was not a great year and most people seem to be very happy to see the back of it. I try to be an optimistic person so I thought as 2009 dawns I would reflect and try to come up with ten reasons that 2008 was good for me.
1. The people I love most in the world, namely my husband and my parents, remain happy and healthy.
2. I underwent surgery for the first time in my life - why is this a good thing? It made me realise how lucky I am to be a reasonably fit, healthy person.
3. I still have my job! Unlike many people right now.
4. Despite me being a cantankerous creature to be around, I am still married to the most wonderful, unique, sexy, intelligent man in the world.
5. I started blogging and discovered a whole new world of fascinating people.
6. I realised a life-long dream and took a trip to the Galapagos Islands.
7.I felt the sun on my skin, snowflakes on my cheeks, rain in my face and wind in my hair and appreciated them all.
8. I came face to face with a penguin underwater.
9. I get paid to care for animals every day.
10. I'm still here! :)
Happy New Year everyone.
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (32)
- PATIENCE REWARDED
- SKYWATCH FRIDAY (Back to Cornwall)
- ABC WEDNESDAY
- TOP 10 NATURE POSTS OF 2008
- SKYWATCH FRIDAY (A Ray of Light, Part Two)
- ABC WEDNESDAY
- AMERICAS NEXT TOP MODEL
- MORE PUBLICITY FOR THE BLANDINGS TURTLES
- SKYWATCH FRIDAY (Moon rays)
- LOVE IS IN THE AIR!
- WHITE OUT!
- FIVE GREATEST JOYS IN NATURE
- SKYWATCH FRIDAY (crazy clouds)
- GOODBYE TO 2008
- SKYWATCH FRIDAY (Sun-up to sun-down)
- ▼ January (16)